New Facts on Home Buyers
Here’s some fresh data from CMHC’s newly-released Renovation and Home Purchase Report:
- 6% of Canadian households bought a home in 2009
- 43% were first-time buyers (up from 36% in 2008)
- 35% of buyers were age 18-34
- 66% bought a home that was more expensive than their previous residence; 22% bought a less expensive home
- 59% bought a larger home; 24% downsized
- 74% bought an existing home; 22% bought new construction
- 55% purchased a single-detached home; 18% bought an apartment condo
- 5% of households intend to buy in 2010; 53% of those are renters
- 42% of those intending to purchase, plan to make a down payment of 20% or more.
The report surveyed 5-10 metropolitan areas across the country. Here’s a link to the full report with all the details.
We invite you to learn more about us by visiting us. Need more information? Contact us.
(The comments contained on this site are for information purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.)
If you have any questions/suggestion or require more information, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to assist you.
Sales Representative- REALTOR®,
RE/MAX Dynasty Realty Inc. Brokerage*
C: 647. 267. 6338 (Direct-Leave message or text)
P: 416.335.4335 | 905.471-0002 (page me-Have me)
E: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
W: www.vijaygandhi.com , www.gtarealtyagent.com
Please call me TODAY for a No Obligation Buyer Consultation or Pre-Listing appointment!