Carbon Monoxide: Avoidance and Prevention
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odourless, colorless gas produced by the combustion of fuels such as natural gas, oil, and propane in devices such as furnaces, water heaters, and stoves. These items are normally designed to vent the CO to the outside, but harmful interior levels of CO can result from incomplete combustion of fuel, improper installation, or blockages, leaks or cracks in the venting systems.
Homeowners can take action against potential carbon monoxide poisoning by taking the following steps:
- Have all fuel-burning appliances professionally inspected yearly, preferably before the start of the cold-weather season when heaters and furnaces are first used.
- These appliances include gas stoves and ovens, furnaces and heaters, water heaters, generators, and clothes dryers.
- All such devices should be properly installed and vented to the outside whenever possible.
- If repairs are necessary, be sure they are performed by a qualified technician.
- Always use the proper fuel specified for the device.
- Have flues and chimneys for fuel-burning fireplaces or wood stoves inspected regularly for cracks, leaks, and blockages that may allow a build-up of CO to occur.
- Never use gas stoves or ovens to heat the home, even temporarily.
- Do not start or idle a vehicle in a garage, even with the outer garage door open.
- For additional protection, purchase a CO detector (either battery operated or plug-in) and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper location and installation.
Learn what to do should the CO alarm activate: If anyone in the home experiences symptoms such as fatigue, dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, or confusion, everyone should leave immediately and seek medical attention. If no symptoms are felt, open doors and windows immediately and shut off all fuel-burning devices that may be potential sources of CO.
WE ARE GOING TO KEEP POSTING NEW ARTICLES RELATED TO BEAUTIFY YOUR HOME AS WELL AS RENOVATE & VALUE YOUR INVESTMENT SERIES, YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE IN ORDER TO STAY CONNECTED, THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF NETWORK.
(The comments contained on this site are for information purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.)
If you have any questions/suggestion or require more information, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to assist you.
Sales Representative- REALTOR®,
RE/MAX Dynasty Realty Inc. Brokerage*
C: 647. 267. 6338 (Direct-Leave message or text)
P: 416.335.4335 | 905.471-0002 (page me-Have me)
E: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
W: www.vijaygandhi.com , www.gtarealtyagent.com
Please call me TODAY for a No Obligation Buyer Consultation or Pre-Listing appointment!