Add the value : Little Improvements = Big REWARD.
It’s always a good idea to spruce up the exterior and interior of your home before listing it for sale. But that doesn’t mean you have to undertake major and/or expensive project. Just a little effort will greatly increase the perceived value of your home. After all, if you wanted to undertake a large-scale project, you probably wouldn’t be selling!
Here are some simple steps you can take to increase the perceived value of your home and make a great first impression.
6 Tips to Getting More for Your Property
Here are five recommendations to give your home an immediate face lift and help you get more for your property. These tips are comparatively an inexpensive way to help you bring big returns when the FOR SALE sign goes up on the lawn.
1. Exterior Appearance
- Keep lawns cut
- Trim hedges and shrubs
- Weed and edge gardens
- Clear driveway and clean up oil spills
- Clean out garage
- Power wash
- Touch up paint
- Plant colorful, inexpensive flowers in pots if necessary
2. at the Front Door
- Clean porch and foyer
- Ensure door bell works
- Repair any broken screens
- Fresh paint or varnish front door
- Repair door locks and key access
3. Create a Buying Mood
- Make sure your home smells fresh and clean
- Turn on lights
- Turn on air conditioner/heater
- Open the drapes
- Light the fireplace
4. Create Space
- Clear halls and stairs of clutter
- Store surplus furniture
- Clear kitchen counter and stove top
- Clear closets of unnecessary clothing and stuff
- Remove empty boxes and containers
- Put away personal photos so buyers can envision the house as theirs
- Repair leaking taps and toilets
- Clean furnace and filters
- Tighten door knobs and latches
- Repair cracked plaster
- Apply fresh coat of pain or touch up where necessary
- Clean and repair windows
- Repair seals around tubs and basins
- Replace defective light bulbs
- Oil squeaking doors
- Repair squeaking floor boards
6. Squeaky Clean
- Clean and freshen bathrooms
- Clean fridge and stove (in and out)
- Clean around heating vents
- Clean washer and dryer
- Clean carpets, drapes and window blinds
- Eliminate pet odors and stains
For more information on selling your home do not hesitate to call or email me. Also, please take advantage of a FREE HOME EVALUATION.
If you have any questions or require more information, or have suggestion, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to assist you.
Sales Representative- REALTOR®,
RE/MAX Dynasty Realty Inc. Brokerage*
C: 647. 267. 6338 (Direct-Leave message or text)
P: 416.335.4335 | 905.471-0002 (page me-Have me)
E: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
W: www.vijaygandhi.com , www.gtarealtyagent.com
Please call me TODAY for a No Obligation Buyer Consultation or Pre-Listing appointment!
The referral of your friends & family is the greatest compliment you can give me. Thank you for your trust.
Please, forward my name, phone number & e-mail address to your friends, relatives, clients.. They will be appreciative for it, I promise.